Selling your Books
Jarndyce is always looking to buy new stock. If you have books to sell please contact us.
We ALWAYS want to buy:
- DICKENS first and early editions, especially in original cloth: Dickensiana, books about Dickens, music and plays based on Dickens' books, imitations, plagiarisms, etc.
- FINE EARLY EDITIONS OF ENGLISH LITERATURE BEFORE 1900
(See below for detailed list of major authors)
- MANUSCRIPTS, AUTOGRAPH LETTERS OF THE 19TH CENTURY
- POETRY: 1700-1900. PAMPHLETS: 1700-1900
- NOVELS: 1700-1920, especially Victorian 3-deckers, Yellowbacks and in ORIGINAL PARTS
- 18TH & 19TH CENTURY PLAYS & books on the Theatre
- NEWSPAPERS: 1640s-1940s, bound volumes; books about newspaper history
- BOOKS ILLUSTRATED BY CRUIKSHANK, PHIZ, SEYMOUR, MEADOWS, etc. and ORIGINAL DRAWINGS FOR BOOK ILLUSTRATIONS
- ENGLISH DICTIONARIES, SPELLING BOOKS, GRAMMARS 1600-1900
- BOOKS ON LONDON, especially Low-Life Pre-1900
Please always quote good to fine copies of 1st, 2nd, 3rd and other early editions by the following authors: